**APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS POSITION**
Our Birmingham Writers’ Retreat launched last year and has been a popular and busy retreat since day one. Our existing Birmingham rep is off on new literary adventures, and we need someone new to take the reins.
Our ideal candidate will be an early career writer who is looking to branch out into teaching/facilitating, who is approachable, professional, lively and fun, and has interesting things to say about writing. Bonus points for a love of the Shakespeare-old literary tradition of inventing innovative swear words.
We need you to:
- Facilitate our monthly writing retreat in Birmingham (full training given)
- Promote the retreat via social media, networking and other channels
- Have an Internet connection and laptop, be familiar enough with WordPress to update your own event listings (with training, natch), and to not run screaming from social media.
You need to be:
- An early career writer with a publishing history (doesn’t have to be a major publishing history. A handful of short stories here and there is fine).
- Able to attend all the retreat dates.
Things that are advantageous but not essential:
- A Twitter account with more than 500 followers
A WORD ABOUT CREATIVE WRITING DEGREES
We love ‘em! We’ve got a handful between us! But you don’t need one to apply for this position. We just need to know that you write, that you’re good at writing, you’re good at talking about writing, and that you lurve writing. A creative writing degree doesn’t necessarily prove that.
This is a freelance position.
We pay £80 per retreat plus commission depending on attendee numbers.
We expect you to participate in some marketing outside of retreat days. This mostly involves posting daft gifs on Facebook so hopefully we’re not unreasonable about that.
We will give you full training to run one of our famous one-day, procrastination-busting writing retreats.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 4 March.