GET A QUICK AND DIRTY SHORT STORY FIX WITH THIS SUPER SPEEDY MASTERCLASS
- This whistlestop tour of short fiction will give you a solid foundation for your story writing, from the difference between a flash and a drabble to techniques for harnessing story ideas and turning them into something tangible.
Plus answers to questions like:
- – How long is a short story?
- – How do you drill down to the ‘fundamental human truth’ of a story?
- – How do you redraft and restructure and rework an idea until you find the *right* one?
- – How do you make characterisation the juicy, emotive centre of a story?
- – And what’s the secret ingredient to all worthwhile fiction.
Plus stellar short fiction examples and expert advice from authors like Paul McVeigh and Kit De Waal.
LESSONS IN THIS COURSE
HOW LONG IS A SHORT STORY?
THE FUNDAMENTAL NUGGET OF HUMAN TRUTH
THE IMPORTANCE OF PERCOLATION
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
SALVAGE & EXPANSION
ENTER THE STORY
LAYER IT UP
REFLECT, REFINE, REWRITE
Get full access to Short Fiction Mini Masterclass when you
join Writers' HQ today!
Get stuck in straight away with our specialist library of online courses covering everything from productivity, idea generation, short stories, and novels, to editing and publishing – suitable for writers at any point in their writing journey.
ROADMAPS TO GUIDE YOU FROM STARTING, MIDDLING AND FINISHING
Our step-by-step roadmaps will guide you from a standing start to a solid writing routine, help you smash through writers block, and hold your hand through the winding alleys of novel writing.
With Writers’ HQ, there’s no writer left behind.
THE MOST AWESOME, SUPPORTIVE, HILARIOUS, PRODUCTIVE writing COMMUNITY
Whether it’s to help you workshop a story, offer in-depth critique, celebrate a finished story, squee over an acceptance, argue over the finer points of an arcane novel, or pick you up when you’ve had a rejection, the Writers’ HQ community is everything.
Members get access to special buddy groups and accountability logs, and you’ll often find Team WHQ loitering on the forums instead of doing their own writing.
Hone your craft by getting answers to your writerly questions and exploring your challenges with regular online events, including live Q&As, masterclasses, flash fiction write-alongs, goal setting sessions, and advanced journaling workshops.
WHQ SUCCESS STORIES
If you’re ready to take your writing to the next stage just click the thing and do the thing. Woohoo yeah do it do it yeah woo etc and so on
Sign up now and get the first month for £10
Monthly recurring payment. Cancel any time
Save £50 when you join for a year
No automatic renewal so no surprises in 12 months!
Head on over to the bursary page to find out about free Writers’ HQ membership