THE WRITERS' HQ
Black Friday Lottery Of Marketing Jazz Hands
flack briday scHmack schmiday
spend your money on something useful!
Look. Black Friday is a late capitalist horror show but anti-capitalism as a marketing angle is…full of contradiction.
So here’s what we’re gonna do. We’re going to be flogging £5 lottery-raffley-tickety-things between Friday 26 November and Monday 29 November. We’ll put all that money directly in our bursary pot – and match fund it – so we can help marginalised and underrepresented writers to fulfil their writerly dreams.
Then we’ll pull out a bunch of entrants at random and give you a bunch of prizes and you could win a lifetime Writers’ HQ membership. Say waaat!
So if you MUST spend money during this weird-ass consumerist shitfest, please do it with Writers’ HQ and help us move one step closer to dismantling the capitalist patriarchal hegemony and replacing it with an egalitarian artists’ utopia.
Get your ticket for the Writers' HQ Black Friday Lottery Of Marketing Jazz Hands now
Here's what we're giving away
Here are the rules
- You can buy as many tickets as you like. Each ticket costs £5 and each £5 ticket counts as one entry.
Direct donations to the bursary don’t count as an entry. You have to buy the lottery tickets on this page.
- We’ll randomly pick the winners on Tuesday 30 November and send emails to notify them.
- There are no cash alternatives.
Existing members can enter and if you win we’ll free-arise your membership from the next payment due date.
Memberships may be gifted once before we sign you up, but cannot be transferred once they’ve been set up.
- Lifetime membership to WHQ means full membership to the WHQ site and courses. Lifetime means as long as WHQ exists. When WHQ goes kaput, alas so does your membership. No cash alternatives etc etc.
- All money raised will be put into our bursary pot to allow us to give WHQ access to marginalised and underrepresented writers.
Here’s the disclaimer
Are we benefiting from this? Yes. You’re giving us money. We’re spending the money on our bursary but money coming into our pot is always good.
Are we cynical and hypocritical? Absolutely, just like everyone else. We’re only human and we can only work with the system we live in and since Brexit and the pandemic is spanking our beaut beehives we gotta take the opportunities we can get. Also we’re match funding all donations so shhh.
Is Black Friday grotesque? Absolutely, but also woo cheap exciting stuff!